Friday, December 11, 2009

What's the best way to heal chapped lips?

I hate using chapstick or blistex because they always seem to make the problem worse in the long run. I think the problem is that they're petroleum-based, so they lock out moisture instead of adding it back in.





What's the best way to combat this awful winter dryness?What's the best way to heal chapped lips?
I agree-the petroleum based products make it worse. I love Burts Bees lip balm.What's the best way to heal chapped lips?
i agree with michelle s. When i had dry lips and all, i tried drinking water. now, i am NOT a water drinker, but i went and got flavored sparkling water, which tasted really good (like soda but healthier) and it made me want to drink it. you should really try it.
CARMEX-BRAND ,use it overnight for quick healing -and the best part is that it's real cheap-its been around forever-all those new 'advanced brands' are just a watse of time and money
I hated putting on chapstick til now!! I LOVEEE and trust me this works Softlips in Vanilla yummy and works within one day!
Drink lots of water and use chapstick very often. It isn't instant but it works.
Don't know other then chapstick.
well first of all you can buy some patrolium jelly and put it on your lips then try burts bees wax lip balm
Mary Kay offers a fantastic Satin Lips set for $18.00 (lasts a long time). The Lip Mask helps gently remove the dry skin on lips and then the Lip Balm provides moisture and healing. I used to pick at my lips a lot in the winter and this turned out to be the only thing that I could use on my lips that didn't hurt and that actually helped with healing them.
chapstick, vaseline, carmax, lipgloss
You want to lock in the moisture. The moisture comes from your body, that is why you should drink plenty of water.
Chapstick is not instant. It does bring moisture back to your lips. Or try some other product that is ';For Chapped Lip'; or ';To bring moisture back to your lips use....'; Something like that
if petroleum bothers you, tryanother type of chapstick that isn't petroleum based and drink lots of water. dont lick your lips. ithink that the two best chapstick that arent petroleum based are the aveeno and the burt's bees kind
I SEEN THIS ON THE TYRA BANKS SHOW!





For chapped lips, you can put vaseline on your lips and let it sit for 3-5 minutes. After that you take a toothbrush you arent using and brush your lips. All the flakes will just disappear! Ive tried this and it does work. If you dont want to do all that, use carmex. you can buy it for around 1.50 at any store.
If your lips are chapped already use a facial scrub on them to buff away the dry skin. Or if you want mix ';table'; sugar and just a little bit of water to buff your lips with. Then use Carmex, lipstick, or lip gloss...anything to keep you from licking your lips, which is usually the problem. Also drink plenty of water, I don't know why this helps, but it does.
drink plenty of water, avoid licking your lips, use blistex medicated, but if you can afforded try clinique's -just for lips


udder cream and unscented lotions work too
At night put diaper rash cream on your lips, in the morninf wash it off and use a wet toothbruch to remove the dead skin... obviously do not use the same toothbrush for your teeth :)
use carmex its the best thing to use i used it and my sores went away in a week or less
In the hospital they use plain old Crisco. They bathe the burn victims and apply Crisco, everyday. It keeps the skin moist so it doesn't peel, or get infected.


I've been using it for years..it works. I just use it at night.


No more dry, cracked, sore lips.


Your right about the chap stick. It's not the best thing.


I haven't bought any since the nurses told me about the Crisco.
A quick-fix is to just scrub your lips with a mixture of sugar and lemon juice to take off the dead skin.





My favorite lip balms used to be actually Nanak's Lip Smoothie and Burt's Bees Lip Balm. But now I just put vaseline on them and it works just as well.
buy a better chapstick, like bees wax. that is really good chapstick.
first of all soften them up and get rid of the chap by scrubbin it away with a toothbrush put some shea butter on it and use chapstick without the skin on ur lips the chapstick shouldnt make it worse
one time i whent to walmart to get some black leather shoes and a manicure. then when i was checking out the ladie asked for money and i game her my fonebook and ran. i forgot my stuff. my girlfriend brokeup with me. sayd somethig about me being a lezfrian. i went to the bar to drink and then came out and as i was leaving i got pulled over for being naked while driving. i mean, WHO WOULD HAVE KNOWN. my cat was all over the cop and everything. i whent over to my dogs house after i whent home to put on a j string and my dog was smoking pot!!!!!!!!!!!!! would i tell you he is going to be in big trouble for not telling me about it and sharing.THEN I CAME HOME AND GUESS WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aveeno makes lip stuff now- it works pretty well.


Also, I use carmex a lot and really like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
parasites