Friday, December 11, 2009

My two year old son has very bad chapped lips what can I do?

He keeps on picking his lips until they bleed. They scab up then he picks that off. He won't were chapstick. Any suggestions? Maybe a chapstick he will actually keep on or anything else.My two year old son has very bad chapped lips what can I do?
He's slightly dehydrated. He needs to drink more water.My two year old son has very bad chapped lips what can I do?
Lanolin (the kind nursing mothers use for their nipples) works great on chapped lips. I use it for my son's thumb (he sucks it and it gets chapped sometimes) and for the kids chapped lips if we've been out in the cold. I've even started using it for my own lips because it works so well. It's kind of expensive, but not really becuse a little goes a long way. I've had the same $8 tube for almost 6 months.
I use Gerber Teeny Faces moisture stick on my daughter's lips and cheeks and any other really dry spots. It isn't greasy and is quite thick so it isn't easily removed. A quick swipe leaves the lips very protected and helps them heal :)
Keep putting Vaseline on them, in penetrates deeper and faster and is thicker so it will stay on longer.
vaseline
try carmex,I use it for my son all the time.
both my kids were heavy sleepers at 2. try putting on Vaseline when he is sleeping. put on a humidifier in his room too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
parasites