Friday, December 11, 2009

What do I use to cure severe chapped lips?

Since I got my braces on my lips have been chapped. I recently got them off, a month ago, and they are chapped even more now. I have tried regular chapstick and medicated chapsticks. They mask the issue for an hour and then my lips start peeling and now it seems that my skin is starting to become dry next to my lips. I need something that I can use that will cure this dryness. I am not looking for a temp. solution but something that will cure it. Please help.What do I use to cure severe chapped lips?
Try beeswax. the lip stuff. it really helps. i had braces taken off and my lips were really chapped and it helped a lot!What do I use to cure severe chapped lips?
Carmex
SPF 20 Blistex DCT for lips (Daily conditioning treatment) it comes in a small size jar.
you should try those lip exfoliater things and some carmex
Vasoline ointment applied every few hours is about the best product out there for chronic dry lips. It's cheap and it works great on my lips. There are also products out there that have exfoliation products in them, but I don't really think that it is necessary to exfoliate your lips. Just keep them greased up and they should heal and remain healthy and smooth, as long as you don't stop moisturizing them. Another thing that is very important...never go out in the sun without a good sunscreen on your lips. Once your lips have healed, keep a product in your bag or pocket that has 15 or 30% sunscreen to keep your lips glowing, soft and smooth. When I go out, before I apply my lipstick or gloss, I always use Chapstick Ultra with SPF 30 and then apply Blistex Silk and Shine with SPF15 over my lipstick. When I'm at home is when I slather on the good ol' Vasoline. Keep something that is moisturizing on your lips 24 hours and you'll have soft, silky lips. Sounds like Kate and I have something in common except that I've never tried lotion on my lips! Good luck to you! :)
Bert's Bees lip products work really well. Also, if your lips aren't swelled or too painful, try putting some Vaseline on your lips and scrubbing them with a soft bristle tooth brush. You may look weird doing it, but it will help!
Vaseline. Use it all the time, especially at night before you go to bed. I told my best friend about it and its been over 2 years since she has used anything else on her lips, she even got a small tube so she can carry it in her purse and use it thru the day.
Vasaline works for me, also I use blistex chapstick daily and the white medicine you put on your lips from blistex. you can put it all over your dry area, also if the skin around your lips is dry and not a sore, put lotion for your face on it daily. here's the order of things:


A layer of vasaline on dry area all night,


Before you leave for school or work put the blistex products on (also bring to school or work and put on when you get a chance-ie: lunch, bathroom, ect.)


Then, vasaline again all night.


hope this helps!! :]
  • >windows update
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    parasites