Sunday, December 13, 2009

How to cure extreme chapped lips?

This may sound simple, but for the past 2 weeks, I've been suffering from extreme chapped lips. I've tried everything, from drowing it with blistex, chapsticks, to vaseline, nothing works. It itches and if I irritate it, they turn into fever blisters (if I leave it alone the blisters go away in a day) but the chapped lips remain. It's so bad that it feels like there's a ';ring'; around my lips that itches and burn.


Anyone has any other home remedies? Thank you.How to cure extreme chapped lips?
Yikes. Sounds bad. Try carmex which always gets the job done and its really cheap. I think $.69 each in any store. I have also heard of applying cool, salt-soaked cloths to the lips everyday to hydrate the lips. Seal in the moisture with a lip balm containing waxes or lanolin. In extreme cases, apply hydrocortisone ointment under the lip balm. Avoid frequent lip licking. Change lipstick to rule out allergies. Apply lip balm with sunscreen before venturing into the sun. Hope this helps.How to cure extreme chapped lips?
i have lips like you. the only chap sticks that work is carmex, and burts bees wax chapstick. in the winter i have to put a light layer of vaseline on at night (any form) and they are much better the next morning. i was talking to someone, (who was black) and they said to rub lotion over them. just a little bit. i havent tried it but it could work. every other chapstick dries my lips out... thats why i dont wear gloss or lip stick. good luck and i feel your pain!!
try putting Vix on it. i know that sounds gross but dont lick the vix off or anything. make sure your lips always have a coat of chapstick on them at all times. drink lots of water to rehydrate your lips. dont like your lips that will make it worse


good luck
Try carmex (I think that is what its called) it is a lip balm that is medicated. It will sting at first but if you use it regularly it will heal them. It is in a yellow tube and I think the cap is red. Its by the chapstick.
I know for a fact the lip balm from bath and body works works great. Also, the have a repair lip cream that it in a white, little, round container. Also, i have heard that carmex works wonders.
try berts bee's wax and drink lots of water. Sometime I get really chapped lips when my body does not have enough water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
parasites