Sunday, December 13, 2009

Chapped lips?

I started to get chapped lips about 3 days ago. And Thats when i started going in the pool cause it just opened. I don't knmow why i get it in the summer. Then I got like 1 bump under my lip in my mouth. Now this morning i woke up, with 2 bumps, and my top lip is swollon. I don't know why. Thats the only thing i have been doing different. Why is this happening. Is it an allergy to something?Chapped lips?
Sometimes the chlorine from swimming can dry them out or they could be sun burnt. Sun burnt lips hurts really bad. You should try to put chap stick and sunscreen on lips which should keep them healthy and not dry.Chapped lips?
I don't think so because ur allergys don't keep reacting that long.





I recommend if it gets any worse go 2 a doctor.
Heya,





You may have just got a reaction from the chlorine because it'll be very strong if the pool has just opened. You may not have an allergy to the chlorine though. Have you been to any other pools and got a similar reaction? Since you had chapped lips before going in the pool, that may have made you lips worse because of the chlorine. Also, hot weather dries out you lips so they will hurt and chap.





I have a similar problem - I get chapped lips a lot because of my eczema and dry skin condition. I know how you feel. Here's some advice:





- Put some Vaseline on your lips every hour or so or if they go dry again. This will moisturise your lips. You could also try Vaseline with aloe vera in - the aloe vera should cool your lips down because you may have also got sunburn on your lips since it's the summer.





- Don't rub or lick your lips - the saliva has enzymes that will dry your lips them, chap them even more and make them very sore.





- Go to a doctor about the bumps if they don't settle down within the next few days. Some medication may be prescribed for you.





- You must go to a doctor or a GP if it gets worse or if anything else comes up.





Hope I helped x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
parasites