Sunday, December 13, 2009

Chapped Lips?

I have these annoying lips. They get chapped, I used chap stick and other things, but soon enough they become chapped again. What can I do to get them soft and unchapped, and keep it that way?Chapped Lips?
use carmex. that stuff has saved my lips even in the winter when it was -5 and windy.Chapped Lips?
ur dehydrated......it's not enough to hydrate only from the outside


u need to drink more liquids


and NOT soda or beer :D


WATER


u'll see it works
blistex
I have much the same problem, and have had it all my life. They bleed and crack, and it's really a mess at times. Until recently, my best friend's mother, an RN told me to use Neosporin, or some other aintibacterial ointment like it. It works even better than Carmex or even vasiline, and I have tried EVERYTHING!!





I think this is an inherited thing, as my mother has it too. I don't think there is a way to get rid of it for good, but the Neosporin certainly helps me in a BIG way, and lasts longer than anything I have tried. Try keeping a small tube of it with you, and applying it a few times a day, for starters, and eventually you will need it even less, but I would stick with at least 1-2 times a day, in the morning, and especially at night, when they can get the worst.





Also, if you are out in the sun, use a little sunblock on them, that will help too.





My only other advice for doing these things, is be sure not to lick your lips for a while once you put either the Neosporin or sunblock (if you are in the sun) on - eeeewwww! :-)





That's what has really worked for me, and I have the worst case of chronic chapped lips of anyone that I know. But the Neosporin really helped, and you can tell an imidiate difference in that vs all those other things. I had even tried lotion, but this still does the best. And since it is made for healing broken or cut skin, it has all the healing things in it to really help you out.





Hope it works!
I use Burts Bees and/or Carmex. They are 10x's better than just plain chapstick.
First of all, I would get rehydrated by drinking the recommended amount of water a person should drink a day. Then I would gently exfolliate the dry, flaky lips with a warm washcloth. I have had great results from Bonnie Bell Lip Smackers. Good Luck.
Use vaseline %26amp; keep applying it throughout the day
Could something be causing your lips to chap such as:


licking them a lot. - stop licking them


using a face cleanser or product that is drying them out. - begin keeping these products off your lips


picking your lips with your fingers. - stop picking





My favorite chapstick is Burt's Beeswax.


www.burtsbees.com
  • >windows update
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    parasites