Sunday, December 13, 2009

How can I get rid of chapped lips?

Everytime I get a cold I get chapped lips since I have to sleep with my mouth open. How can I get rid of my chapped lips? What is your favorite chapstick?How can I get rid of chapped lips?
WHATEVER YOU DO.........





DO NOT PUT VASELINE OR ANYTHING WITH PETROLATUM (ie petroleum jelly) ON YOUR LIPS!!!





Petrolateum...petrolatum...mineral oil = alcohol based!! Alcohol is drying, not moisturizing!!!





Find any chapstick or lip moisturizer that doesn't have petrolatum or petroleum and it will help your lips. Petroleum is alcohol based and while it feels good while it is on, it actually DRIES your lips out in the long run!





Also, jojoba or vitamin E or shea butter is awesome for moisturizing but hard to find in lip products. Just make sure to read the label or you could be doing more harm than good.





PS...Vitamin E is a natural SPF (sunscreen) and can help your lips stop from getting chapped again, but regular ';active ingredient'; sunscreens can dry you out worse....How can I get rid of chapped lips?
You should use this chapstick...


You can buy it from bath and body works...


It's called wet your whistle...


It works really well!


And drink water, it works


=)
lip smacker or medicated chapsticks or use carmex which really helps
You could use one of the many varieties of blistex or carmex....or even vaseline
I answered a question similar to this, so I'm copying and pasting my other one. :]





I have the same problem! I absolutely LOVE Burt's Beeswax chapstick, but I use the kind that has honey in it, not the minty kind. Honey naturally softens lips so I've found that chapsticks works way better than any one on the market. [It has yellow packaging!]





Also before I go to bed I use a ton of Vermont's Original Bag Balm. You can get it at a drugstore, it comes in a huge, square-shaped green tub and has red lettering and red flowers on it. It was originally designed to soothe cows dry, cracked udders after they had babies [kinda gross, huh?] but it works SO awesome on lips! Also, I recently found out that the company makes a smaller tub [great for purses!] of this stuff, but that ones harder to find!





Another great product is Bobbi Brown lip balm. It's really thick and stays on for hours! And I use Bath %26amp; Body Works Sugar Scrub Lip Treatment [it comes in a white tube with purple and black lettering and a black cap!] ... it gets off all of the dead skin so my lips are smooth when I apply lipbalm.
Carmex is the best lip balm, but prevention is everything; keep yourself as hydrated as possible. Drink lots of water and cut down on alcohol if you drink. Stay away from caffeinated beverages since caffeine is a diuretic (pushes water out of your system).
Carmex is by far the best medicated lip gloss for ANY lips. You can also feel it working (it may burn slightly, but not to the extreme)
Use any medicated chap stick. they work the fastest and the best. You can get them at a local CVS or Rite Aid. Or if you don't want to use that you can dry pure cocoa butter. It takes a bit longer to kick in but it works. you can get that at the local Beauty Supply Store.
carmex....literally GLOB it on before bed and youll wake up in the morning with no more chapped lips
before you go to bed put on vaseline.it last longer.i know because im sick right now...we can deal with this together.....hahahahah!!!!!!!!
Just regular chapstick that you can find for like 89 cents. Out in the sun, I use chapstick with SPF 4.
i use ';born lippy'; by bath and body. it really works! my lips are so smooth now.
favorite chapstick-Chapstick brand.


or if you're really chapped you could use medicated lip treatment like carmex or something.


also drink more water sometimes chapped lips are a sign that you are dehydrated.
Drink a lot of water... it's less likely for them to get chapped if you are hydrated. Use chapstick at least twice a day... and when participating in sports, especially snow and water, use chapstick with sunscreen in it., (it tastes horrible, but well worth it to protect your precious pucker!).
Use Blistex, a couple of times everyday, and most importantly, before you go to sleep. I like blistex the best, because it is medicated, and it seems to work the fastest, to get rid of my chapped lips.
Carmex lasts a long time and it's hard for me to get off sometimes. It has a bad taste but it works.
The best is Burt's Bees Lip Balm
use lip balm all the time
The BEST thing for chapped lips is Mary Kay Satin Lips. It beats all chapsticks. Its not a wax like those. Its a two step system one that exfoliates the lips and the balm that goes over. I use the balm more than anything. You can use it daily, at night before you go to bed and especially when you have colds. The exfoliant works great as a routine treatment. Ive always had compliments on my lips since I started using it and the guys who have kissed me when I use it always notice how much softer my lips are. You can find all kinds of MK products on e-bay so that you dont have to worry about finding a rep and having to be constantly harassed to buy more more more. Retail it's about $15 for the set I believe, but you can get it on e-bay cheaper. But honestly, its worth it. I havnt been with out it in 3 years.





When I was selling MK I recommended it to moms for their kids when they played fall and winter sports. Wind burn hurts and Ive even gotten more guys to use the balm than you would think. Once they get over the fact that its MK and see how good the product is, they are hooked just as well. No im not soliciting MK, but trust me...it is so worth the cost and use beyond just when you're sick.
baby oil
Try Philosophy Kiss Me Exfoliating Lip Scrub to get rid of your chapped lips.
suck on a lemon before going to sleep. The tartness will make you salivate all night and produce enough moister to keep your lips from getting chapped.
I hate chapped lips. I carry walmart brand lip balm in mint w/spf 15 everywhere I go. I even have it on my bed side table, in the car, purse, kitchen drawer and always in my pocket. I find that with the spf factor my lips don't chap. As well, when I am washing at night I rub the face cloth over my lips very gently and then reapply the lip balm. It works great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
parasites