Sunday, December 13, 2009

My 9 mth old son is having chapped lips and skin around his mouth due to cold weather. Any remedy?

1. I am applying Baby Magic body lotion atleast thrice a day but doesn't help.My 9 mth old son is having chapped lips and skin around his mouth due to cold weather. Any remedy?
Don't use lotion--either use A%26amp;D, Vaseline, or Aquaphor Baby. All 3 are great for that area!





Absolutely do not use Carmex--adults shouldn't even use it, much less a baby! The formula has an addictive component--I believe it's menthol, which actually makes your lips more dried out so you are tricked into using more Carmex--it feels good when you apply it so you think it must be working, but it makes them worse.My 9 mth old son is having chapped lips and skin around his mouth due to cold weather. Any remedy?
If you bf, use that tube of Lanisoh you have lying around. They work great on chapped/cracked/sore nipples but can double as a moisturizer and a chap stick that is safe for your baby.
I am in the same situation, my daughter is 9 month old and has red patches around her lips and chapped lips. I have been putting Vaseline on it and it works great. Clears it right up!





I wouldn't use Baby Lotion, it has fragrance which can irritate the chapped skin.
Carmex or bag balm works best for us. I have a little drooling machine and I've tried vaseline, lotion, lanolin salve, A%26amp;D ointment, chapstick, everything I could think of and good ole carmex and bag balm do the trick. You have to stay on it though, apply it over and over. Kinda tastes bad too, but works like a charm.
Dont use anything that has a fragrance.


Good ole' vaseline or Mentholatum will take care of it.
My son is 8 months old and goes to a daycare. Needless to say he gets a lot of colds and congested. Whenever he gets a ';crusty'; nose, my wife and I clean it up before he goes to bed. Sometimes it gets raw and sore looking. We use normal Vaseline for his nose. We also have a humidifier running throughout the night to help with the congestion. Whenever this situation happens, he seems to be feeling and looking better the next day or two of doing this.





He never has had chapped lips, but if he did, we would use the Vaseline for that same situation.
No Baby magic.





Eucerin Aquaphor, you can find it at most drugstores with the lotion.


It's what the hopital recommended and it works wonders.
  • >windows update
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    parasites