Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Is vaseline safe to use for chapped lips?

My newborn is only 5 days old...is it really safe to put vaseline on her lips?.....Anyone got vaseline recommended by a pediatrician?Is vaseline safe to use for chapped lips?
Vaseline is totally safe for using around the mouth. Beauty pageant contestants often put it on their teeth to make their smiles seem shinier from far away. The other poster made a comment about putting your fingers in it, and he or she is right...use a q tip to apply it, never stick your fingers in the container.Is vaseline safe to use for chapped lips?
Your baby does not have chapped lips. They are blisters that have popped from sucking. I call them breastfeeding blisters. It's normal, every baby gets them, I didn't put anything on my baby's lips. I wouldn't use Vaseline because you have probably double dipped your finger after putting it on her bum.


CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
Yes, they use white petroleum jelly one newborns in the hospital. The same as vaseline.
I use Lansinoh. I use that stuff for everything. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
parasites