Wednesday, June 23, 2010

How do I get rid of SEVERELY dry, flaky,chapped lips? Nonstop for months, I don't even lick them.?

I have had chapped lips for about two or three months now. And when I say nonstop, I mean nonstop. Imagine the frustration!!! I've tried everything. I don't use addictive chapsticks, usually vaseline. I've never had a problem with chapped lips before I got my tongue pierced. Could there be a connection? Well, I'm not taking out the piercing so please help me with some remedies!How do I get rid of SEVERELY dry, flaky,chapped lips? Nonstop for months, I don't even lick them.?
It seems you are constantly licking your lips without realising it,thus causing chapping etc.





Other than chapsticks maybe drop into chemist/drugstore to see if they can offer suggestions via balm or similar.





Why have you waited so long as could be something more sinister...(only joking) nah just get something from chemist..





It could be a allergic reaction to stud you have in tongue worth a thought hmmmHow do I get rid of SEVERELY dry, flaky,chapped lips? Nonstop for months, I don't even lick them.?
drink water. Report Abuse

it could be your swallowing your saliva more often than before you had your piercing and you don't wet your lips as often as before. chapsticks would really help but if you're not into it, try drinking lots of fluids during the middle of the day, at least these would hydrate your lips. apply lip moisturizers or lip balm these would also help the chapped lips.
Drink more water, that is very important, and use carmex. That stuff is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DRINK LOT'S OF WATER!
Drink more water.
I went to the doctor for this. He said to use Utter Cream. It comes in a lotion container that you squeeze. It was invented for cows utters because they became severely chapped. It's a miracle and I use it daily. It doesn't feel like a lotion at all. You can use it as many times a day and you won't notice it. the container is colored like a cow and it costs $2 at Target or Walmart.
Vaseline is causing half your problem, do you realise that vaseline contains some of the foulest ingredients known. You can use 100% pure coconut oil, it has anti-fungal, anti-viral, and anti-microbial properties in it. I suggest you use Nui brand (pronounced New), it is expensive and can be bought from your local health food stgore, but can help your body in many ways. You could take a teaspoon of it neat, that is straight from the bottle to your mouth. You can also use it if you are sunburnt, rub on your body as a moisturiser. You won't be using heaps of it, as the cellular make up of coconut oil is so fine, if you use more than you should it won't soak through the pores of your skin. Therefore you will be wasting it. Good luck.
There is a really good all natural remedy called Burt's Bees lip treatment. It isn't addictive and is works miracles. I was in a similiar situation and a friend gave me a tube and now I use it everyday as a preventative therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
parasites