Saturday, June 26, 2010

Anyone have a solution for chronically chapped lips?

I don't use chapstick, and in fact I don't like anything coating my lips-even lipstick bugs me. But my lips are consistently chapped. Kissing totally aggravates it too.





Any solutions?Anyone have a solution for chronically chapped lips?
It sounds like you need to heal them up, and to do that you need to put some soothing balm on them. I usually use chapstick or Mary Kay's Satin Lips Lip Balm. The lip balm comes with a lip exfoliator which works wonders, but you can really get the same result by brushing your lips at the same time you brush your teeth, as someone has already suggested. Also, don't lick your lips as this just irritates already sensitive skin.





Last, but certainly not least, you need to drink more water to stop the chapping from coming back. That was my mom's favorite remedy for everything when I was growing up, and strangely enough, it's just the thing for chapped lips.








Hope this helps!Anyone have a solution for chronically chapped lips?
LOOKS LIKE YOU MAY HAVE TO RESORT TO PUTTING SOMETHING ON YOUR LIPS! I HAVE SAME PROBLEM! AT NITE I PUT ON A THICK LAYER OF VASELINE, WORKS FOR ME!!! :+)
PUT SOME OLIVE OIL ON YOUR BELLY BUTTON (NAVAL), EVERY DAY BEFORE SLEEPING. THE LIPS WILL BE SOFT AS ROSE PETALS.
I agree with the vaseline it works great on my chapped lips.


Also its not that expensive wich is a plus.


Also if u have any dry or chapped skin anywhere else u can use the vaseline there also.


Carmex is also good.


But I prefer vaseline.


goodluck


Morgaine
The reason the stuff probably bugs you is becasue your lips are chapped in the first place. You need to heal them just like dry skin that itches.





Buy one of the ';softer'; lip treatments. Vaseline makes a good one. You don't need to use a lot. Just a tiny bit will spread a long ways. After a couple of minutes, you probably won't even know it's there. Use it in the morning before you leave and at night before you go to bed, but probably after the kissing otherwise it will wear off.
CARMEX!
You've got to find something that you like to keep your lips moisturized. Tha't the only way to cure it. Olive oil heals chapped lips!
I used to have terrible lips too. I hate all lip balms except Chapstick. When I brush my teeth, I also brush my lips. I rinse my mouth and then put on Chapstick EVERYTIME. I constantly use it throughout the day, and I NEVER have any problems anymore.
Yeah i agree with carmex. I swear by carmex it helped me during the hot summers in FT Bliss El Paso and the cold winters In FT Drumm Upstate N.Y. You just gotta get over having balms on your lips or you will be plagued with gross lips for ever
Lips don't have oil glands like the rest of your body. They are more prone to chapping. The solution, when confronted with dry weather, is that you need to apply some emolient to your lips. Chapsticks is good. So is Vaseline. Or anything else like olive oil.
Try Euciren by Aquapohra it reallllly works for me.
IF U DON'T USE CHAPSTICK, THEY MAY NOT BE ABLE TO HEAL.... USING CHAPSTICK REALLY WORKS!! THERE ALSO IS A TREATMENT CALLED ';18-HOUR LIP TREATMENT'; THAT ONE REALLY WORKS!!


LICKING YOUR LIPS CAN MAKE IT WORST!
  • straight hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    parasites