Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Is there anything that can keep me from getting chapped lips?

I have tried everything! Carmex, that cheap stuff, lip gloss, Auqifina crap, and so on. Nothing seems to keep my lips from getting chapped. They'll be nice one day, the next they are all rough and dry again. I do admitt I chew on them, but I get all the dead skin off and they get all dried up again. I have a fan in my room too, would that play in to things?Is there anything that can keep me from getting chapped lips?
Try to stop chewing on them. I've read that the more you lick or chew on your lips, the dryer they'll be. Drink plenty of water too. Also try putting Vaseline on your lips and then using a wash cloth to rub them to get dry skin off. Be sure to put chapstick or vaseline on your lips when you go to bed at night. That keeps them moisturized. The fan may have something to do with it. If possible, keep it from blowing directly on you. Hope this helps! :)Is there anything that can keep me from getting chapped lips?
have you tried plain vaseline, use it often. stop biting your lips, that is the main cause of making them chap. If it's a habit it will be hard to break but try and put on lipstick that tastes disgusting and it will make you less inclined to chew on your lips. use the vaseline as a base, Vaseline also has an intensive care balm. use that, good luck to you!
Yes, the fan dries your skin. To counteract that, drink LOTS of water. Also you could try putting body butter on your lips. It's stronger than a lot of chapsticks.
Are you in the sun or wind alot? Both will cause chapped lips. I was thinking immediately that you needed to hydrate and even though you may drink pretty much only water, you may not be drinking enough. And if you chew or lick your lips they will get chapped. Try drinking 1-2 more glasses of water a day than you drink now and sleep without the fan if possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
parasites