Wednesday, June 23, 2010

How do I get rid of chapped lips?

I used petroleum jelly, shea butter, cocoa butter, carmex, blistex, and tea tree oil but nothing works. I had chapped lips since the day I was born.How do I get rid of chapped lips?
blistex is my favorite! just keep reapplying it all day long! drink water and take vitamins. my lips get chapped worse if i'm dehydratedHow do I get rid of chapped lips?
do you drink enough water daily? if you don't, that's probably the problem. i am surprised petroleum jelly didn't work for you, it always works for my chapped lips. try putting a lot (and I mean A LOT) of petroleum jelly on your lips right before you sleep, that always works for me. your lips might seem thicker in the morning but that's just the healing process.
My lips get really chapped every once in a while and here's what I do to help heal them. I use Chap Stick Overnight lip treatment at night. I use Chap Stick Moisturizer brand during the day. They really work for me. They also contain aloe vera, vitamin e, and have sunscreen. In the morning I usually exfoliate my lips to remove the dead skin cells with a sugar based exfoliator like St. Ives Sugar Scrub. Then I add the chap stick. If you keep at it they should heal in about 2 to 3 days. Then continue to prevent the problem. Good luck.
There are things that cause chapped lips but unusual you've always have that problem. Do you live in a dry windy area? If so that must have a lot to do with it. Be sure to drink 3 quarts of water a day, the clean filtered kind. If you have too much salt or acid in your system, that might help cause the problem too. Are you addicted to salty foods? Use lip balm is all I know of besides this. I think that's the best because it was made especially for this problem.
Since the day you were born???....harsh. When I've had the worst chapped lips ever original medicated Blistex in the squeeze tube supplies ';instant'; relief. No other product even comes close. I don;t know how it does it...but it works instantly. Don't get the yellow paste can ...get the white oringinal squeeze tube....it's a god send...beleive me.
drink plenty of fluids especially water, fruit juices, coconut.


apply butter on your lips before going to bed and early in the morning.





If you had chapped lips from birth then apply coconut oil instead of butter.


coconut oil has healing properties.
This may seem weird but i do this all the time......


get some water and salt and mix then together, then get a face towel and dip it in the mixture, then scrub the dead skin off.
try this:





1. apply lip balm


2. take a clean toothbrush and brush your lips


3. wash your lips


4. reapply lip balm





do this every day
drink water and use oil on your lips only! or chap stick or neosporin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
parasites